A week has passed and now that people have been able to comment or ask questions to clarify what’s permissible as far as nominations go, we’re ready to kick off the nominations process for the Anime Music of Openings & Endings Tourney. so without further ado…
Nominations are closed.
Points to keep in mind while nominating:
- The minimum number of songs you can nominate is 5. The maximum number of songs you can nominate is 15. Obviously, you cannot nominate a song more than once.
- When filling out the form, keep in mind that entries are to be entered in [Anime Title] – [Song title] (e.g. Baccano! – Gun’s & Roses).
- Note that ordering is important! That is because the location in which you place the song will affect how many points it will earn for seeding purposes. So in this form, the song in your #1 slot will earn 35 points. The song in your 15th slot will earn 5 points.
- You can nominate anime opening themes, ending themes, or insert songs from any anime (as defined by whether it can be found on AnimeNewsNetwork’s encyclopedia, MyAnimeList’s listings, AniDB, or Anime-Planet). The songs need not have been written specifically for the anime in question (e.g. Eden of the East – Falling Down). Furthermore, opening/ending/insert songs from international anime releases are OK too (e.g. One Piece – One Piece Rap).
- In terms of insert songs’ eligibility, all you need to do is ask yourself whether the song in question features a vocal component, be it J-pop, rap, Gregorian chant, screamo, etc.
- One entry per person.
- Nominations that do not adhere to these simple guidelines will simply not be counted.
July 1, 2013, 11:59pm (-0700 UTC) – Nominations phase will close and tallying process begins.
July 8, 2013 – Preliminary tie-breakers (if necessary). Begin distributing the tracklist.
July 15, 2013 – Brackets released. Tournament begins in earnest!
Again, if you have any further questions, feel free to ask. If you’re looking for tournament updates or the status of how things are going, follow the Anime Music Tourney twitter account at @Animusictourney. There will be periodic updates here as well, if anything, to break the monotony until the end of the Nominations phase.