Of course, as mentioned in the previous post, insert songs are totally OK too. I just didn’t add it in the title since it wouldn’t fit the acronym I had in mind. So Best Anime MOE Tourney it is (and oh to be able to call it SaiMOE and not have it be confused with something else) or Animusic Tourney will do too!
Anyway, the goal of this entry is to set up the guidelines for the tourney, its processes and procedures, and most importantly, gather feedback or clarify said processes and procedures. So without further ado:
The 10 Commandments to Enjoying Thy Best Anime MOE Tourney!
- This contest is for the purpose of FUN. Participants must have FUN and enjoy themselves wholly through musical activities involving the acts of nominating, listening, and voting.
- Thou shalt use a soon-to-be linked Google Spreadsheet to nominate at least 5 different tracks, but no more than 15 different tracks. The point values shalt then be tabulated by the tournament organizer and the top (either 192 or 256) tracks will be seeded and the tournament shall commence.
- Thou shalt nominate a song that can be considered an Opening, Ending, or Insert Song and appears in an anime (as defined by whether it can be found on AnimeNewsNetwork’s encyclopedia, MyAnimeList’s listings, AniDB, or Anime-Planet).
- In determining whether thy pick of an Insert Song is eligible, ask thyself whether it is a “song,” that is, a piece of music with a vocal component to it, be it rap, J-pop, some chorus chanting “Escaflowne,” or (god forbid) screamo.
- Nominations that do not adhere shall be excommunicated and will have no bearing upon the seeding of the tracks!
- Upon the completion of seeding and any preliminary activities, voting shall commence. In making your vote, thou shalt listen to each track and choose the one that appeals most to thy musical sensibilities. Votes shall be recorded through Polldaddy (uh oh) unless other alternatives are made available.
- During the course of voting, thou art free to discuss the matchups, delivering scorn, praise, apathy, or voting proclamations, as appropriate, without forgetting the First Commandment.
- Thou shalt note that the earliest rounds’ polls shall be open for a time period totaling 7 days. Subsequent rounds shall be shorter (5 days, then 3 days) since it is assumed that thou have become familiar with the tunes by that time. Winners shall advance, losers shall perish. Such is the way of this harsh, cruel, but FUN world we live in.
- Thou shalt not forget the First Commandment lest thou incur the wrath of thy Tournament Admin.
- Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.
And there you have it. The guidelines to give you an idea of what to expect and how things will roll.
Granted, now that I’ve put these up, people are bound to have thoughts, questions, suggestions, clarifications, and on, and on, and on. On top of that, I’m still waffling on a few items (leaning heavily towards 192 tracks at the moment, fairly certain about the 7/5/3 setting for poll duration, 15 nominated tracks per person is the final limit I’m settling on). That’s the reason why this post has come into being: get all that stuff out of the way now so we can have a polished set of guidelines in a week’s time where I’ll unleash the nomination link upon you all and get this all underway!